Dear Members of the TC,
The official invitations for our next technology commission meeting have been sent!
You should have received them by now or get them trough your national OISTAT centre.
We will meet in Belgrade from 15 to 18 September 2006.
At the same time the Publications and Communication Commission will meet.
There will also be a short joint meeting of the two commissions.
I will confer with Eric de Ruijter, chair of the PCC, about the topics to talk about.
The New Theatre Words publications, and the use of the new website will certainly be on the agenda.
If you have other topics to add, please let me know.
Of course the same thing goes for our own commissions agenda.
As you recall quite a lot items came up last meeting in Taipei.
We must ask our selves how we can get more out of them.
For your recollection, we were talking about:
- CEN Workshop on Lifting Equipment for Stages within the Entertainment Industry
- Risk assessment for theatre productions.
- Costing forms – ways to make up a production budget
- The changing economics and the responsibility of the theatre technician.
- Sample solutions for theatre design
- Support to practitioners in economically challenged and emerging countries
- The TC section on the OISTAT website
As you will see in your invitation, the members of both comissions are kindly invited to prepare brief (10 minutes) presentations of their activities and professional experience for open sessions.
I would ask the TC members to take this opportunity and to use this time to propose, or to expand on an item in a way that we can furter discuss in our closed sessions.
That way, the work of the TC will have more relevance to the country we are invited to, and to the theatre technical community as a whole.
Please send me your proposals, and I will also mail and call some of you to ask you to make a presentation.
I hope to see you all in Belgrade!
Chair Technology Commission