Project 'International Stage Design Students’ Works Exchange (ISDSWE)”
During the meeting in Beijing the Central Academy for Drama and the Education Commission launched a new educational project, that aims to foster and celebrate artistic excellence, through exchange of imagery of outstanding students’ work, coming from design schools from across the world.
In March 2011 the Education Commission and CADC invited schools, from the countries, represented in the commission, to submit students’ projects in the areas of scenography, set, costume, lighting design as well design theatre technology and crafts.
The project comprises three aspects:
· A web page, presenting the participating schools. The work on the webpage is in an advanced stage already.
· An exhibition of paper prints of the participating students projects at the venues of the Central Academy of Drama in Beijing.
· A program of lectures and discussions, held at the Central Academy in conjunction with the exhibit. CADC will invite two representatives ( a professor and a student) from each participating school to attend the opening of the exhibit in Beijing and to take part in a three days long program of lectures and discussions.
The Central Academy will act as a host and will provide the logistics for the project.
The Education Commission will act as co-organizer and will provide it's network and expertise in organizing international educational projects.
The project aims to reach mainly students audience on two levels:
· The webpage will serve as a database and source of inspiration and information for a wide range of students from across the world and from China, bringing to them examples of students work and information about potential possibilities for international studies – all this at no travel costs and just with the click of a mouse.
· The program of lectures will provide an unique opportunity for an international group of students and their Chinese colleagues to meet, to talk over their work, to interact with an international group of teachers, to cross national, cultural and language barriers with the help of the international language of theatre design.
March – May, 2011 – Call for participation, sent to the schools. Gathering information from the schools and work on the web site of the project.
June 1st - July 15th, 2011 - submission of works for the exhibit. Entries should be send electronically to the Central Academy of Drama. Each school is invited to submit between 8 and 30 pictures.
September, 2011 - The Central Academy will post to all participating schools a DVD with all entries, as well as a selection of 30 paper prints to be displayed at the participating schools venues simultaneously with the opening of the exhibit in CADC in October.
Second half of October ( the exact dates to be confirmed very soon), 2011 - Exhibit of prints and program of lectures at the Central Academy in Beijing.
Chair OISTAT Education Commission